The CCR is pleased to publish its Character framework, three years in the making. It was developed because CCR could not locate a framework that combined all of the following requirements:
- Completeness → no major elements missing
- Compactness → actionable and deployable
- Low-correlation variables → no duplication and confusion
- At the appropriate layer of abstraction → for robustness and clarity
- Global relevance → for broad acceptability
It was announced at its 2014 Geneva conference, jointly with the Geneva Declaration. The six essential Character qualities, from which numerous other related concepts are derived, are: Mindfulness, Curiosity, Courage, Resilience, Ethics, and Leadership.