On February 24, 2012 the McGraw-Hill Research Foundation and the US Council Foundation sponsored the “Roundtable on education and human capital requirements” in New York city. The attendees included a number of leading economists and educators, (bios). The aim was to answer the CCR question “What should students learn in the 21st century?” with an eye towards human capital requirements.
- Bernard Meyerson, SVP IBM (presentation)
- David Autor, Professor, MIT (presentation)
- Dan Treffler, Professor, University of Toronto (presentation)
- Nicole Smith, Senior economist, Georgetown University (presentation)
- Riel Miller, Futurist, XperidoX Consulting (presentation)
We are indebted to the McGraw-Hill Research Foundation and to the US Council Foundation for making it all possible.