The Fondation Helvetica Educatio (CCR’s sister foundation) hosted its “21st Century Mathematics” conference on May 25, 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland, which attracted numerous influential delegates from over twenty countries. It was the positive conclusion of a four-year effort started with the Stockholm conference on Mathematics.
The final agenda is given here. The conference presentations are available via the links below (please feel free to share this page):
- Presentation and video: Mathematics for the modern world – Charles Fadel (Center for Curriculum Redesign)
- Presentation and video: Recommendations for PISA – Peggy Carr (NCES DoE, USA)
- Presentation and video: How Poland moved ahead – Zbigniew Marciniak (Warsaw University)
- Presentation and video: Algorithms do change the world! – John MacCormick (Dickinson College)
- Presentation and video: Mathematics and the Brain – Stanislas Dehaene (CNRS)
- Presentation and video: What Mathematics do people really need? Keith Devlin (Stanford University)
- Presentation and video: Stop Teaching Calculating, Start Teaching Maths – Conrad Wolfram (Wolfram Research)
CCR’s recommendations for PISA Maths 2021 can be downloaded here.
The CCR is grateful to the OECD for their continued partnership, as well as to the Jacobs Foundation, Gebert Ruf Stiftung, Dudley Wright Foundation, Swissnex, the International School of Geneva, and the Moser Foundation (Geneva, Switzerland) for their generous support.
Pingback: CCR announces design of world-leading K-12 Mathematics curriculum with Australia’s curriculum authority (ACARA) @CurrRedesign #4DEdu | Center for Curriculum Redesign
Pingback: CCR Receives Grant for “21st Century Mathematics” Online Module #4DEdu #21stcenturyskills @CurrRedesign | Center for Curriculum Redesign